Monday, July 13, 2015

Lessons from Shanghai


I am back in San Diego and reflecting on my time in Shanghai.
First, I am thankful to God who has given me an opportunity to live a life for others. Jesus has provided me an example of what it means to visit the broken-hearted and he has given me the strength to do something with the blessings I have been given. This trip would not have been possible without all the partners that God has provided us both in the U.S. and China. From our supporters from our home churches to the translators in China, this has really been a ministry that was only possible because we all came together.
The hardest part of being back is coming back to my comfortable life in San Diego and thinking about how hard their lives are in Gao Yao. Some of the women who we serve are working at companies that are having them work 10 hour days with only 2 days off a month. Not only that but they have to do the same amount of work as those who are not disabled. I will continue to pray and think about how I can grow Renewal Cards to help provide them a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment